Reason 10: It’s Free
- There is no conference fee to attend Edcamp.
Reason 9: Participate
- Edcamps are attendee-driven, so you can have an active role by proposing a session topic, voting on proposed topics, choosing what sessions to attend and how you want to participate in each session (sharing your ideas in a session or facilitate a session). You have the flexibility to learn at your own pace and you do not have to be the expert, just open to learning.
- Participate in the SLAM event and share an idea you have learned during the day (a SLAM is an opportunity to share an idea or tool with the entire Edcamp group in two minutes or less).
Reason 8: Relevant
- At Edcamp every attendee has the opportunity to contribute to the organization and types of sessions that will be offered. This makes the sessions relevant to the attendees, maximizing the learning opportunity for everyone.
Reason 7: Learn Together
- Edcamp is social and free to attend, bring a friend and learn together!
Reason 6: Diversity of Thought
Reason 5: Choice
- At Edcamp you have the freedom to explore the idea of “voting with your feet”. When sessions do not meet your needs, you can get up and attend a different one!
Reason 4: Collaboration
- Each session will have a collaborative Google Doc so you can share your learning, link resources and learn from others. If you can’t decide between two sessions, check out the collaborative Google Doc later to read about the learning and check out linked resources that were shared.
Reason 3: Prizes from our Sponsors
Reason 2: Connections
- Build new relationships with other educators who have similar interests or connect in person with people you follow on Twitter.
Reason 1: New Ideas
- Be inspired by innovative ideas, shared by passionate educators like you!